Friday, June 8, 2012

Summer time, and the livin' is easy

As soon as school was out we headed back to California for the first time since we have been married. We stayed at my Grandma's house while she traveled the country visiting all of her other grandchildren. Lucky for us Grandma lives down the street from my parents so we were able to spend a lot of time with my family, but also have our own space. We worked hard and played hard for a month. It ended too soon. I already miss my family. There are no words that can describe the feeling of coming back home.
Green Valley: More to come on our California trip soon
After five short weeks in California we headed out East.  We spent five days on vacation in Virginia Beach with Chris's family and then moved in with his brother where we will be for the rest of the summer.
On a ferris wheel with b&w at Virginia Beach
Chris is preparing to work with Brandon for State Farm for the next few months and I am staying home with Whitney helping her with their sweet 8-month-old twin boys.
Christian and Connor
My summer will most likely consist of babies, online classes, volunteering at the local summer camps, girls' nights out, and lots of reading. I'm really excited because this is the first time in awhile that I have had extra time to read.

endless bookshelf
Please tell me what your favorite books are!

3 comments:

  1. So so happy you're here with us. Excited to have you for the whole summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my fav books of all times is The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society....love it! You will laugh, cry, and just fall in love with ALL of the characters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeannette! Adding it to my summer reading list ;)

      Delete